Teams Events created in local App using personal 365 account do not arrive at invite list destination email

TacoVillaBurritoKing 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T15:19:11.0933333+00:00

Teams events are no longer being received by recipients. I'm creating the Teams events using local Teams App on Windows 11 home computer. The 365 account I'm using in Teams is a personal account, not work or school. I see the Teams events in my outlook's sent mail folder. I'm following the same process that used to work (Teams events received by all email accounts on invite list). The only difference is that Microsoft forced me to create an outlook.com alias for my personal account which was only using my gmail email address. Co-pilot suggested I change my outlook.com email to the primary address instead of gmail. So I did that. That has not resolved the issue.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Thomas4-N 22,395 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-11T08:06:32.38+00:00

    Hello TacoVillaBurritoKing,

    Thanks for the detail, and sorry this stopped working. It's good that you already tried making the outlook.com address your primary alias, since that's the usual first step.

    From what I can find, when a personal Microsoft account only uses a Gmail address, Teams has no Microsoft mailbox to send invites from. It sends them from a system-assigned Microsoft address instead (often a random-looking outlook.com one). Recipients' spam filters can catch those, so they may not show up.

    To narrow it down, could you check a few things?

    • Which email providers are the recipients on (Gmail, Outlook, something else)? Do the invites show up in their Junk/Spam folder?
    • Do you get the same result if you create the event in Teams on the web, or in Outlook.com's calendar?
    • Do recipients get a bounce/undeliverable message, or nothing at all?

    In the meantime, there's a workaround that might get things moving. Create the meeting link in Teams, then paste it into an email or calendar invite sent from your own mailbox (your outlook.com address or Gmail). That way the invite comes from an address recipients recognise rather than the system one.

    If the invites still don't arrive and you've ruled out spam folders, it may be something specific to your account. In that case Microsoft Support would be the next step, since I can't see account or delivery details from the forum: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.