Invitations are blocked for this directory due to suspicious activity. Please contact Microsoft support for help.

Kevin McGillicuddy 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T17:59:08.92+00:00

I have brand-new tenant and am trying to invite users to it but getting "Invitations are blocked for this directory due to suspicious activity. Please contact Microsoft support for help."

I am trying to open a case with Azure but not sure I am doing it right - is there a special group I can contact to make this go faster? It's a legit account I need up and running

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-Ex 1,580 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-10T03:45:27.0933333+00:00

    Hi Kevin,

    I understand this situation can be frustrating. Please follow the steps in this Microsoft Learn article to open a support request.

    Unfortunately, it’s not possible to contact the support team directly for an immediate response. Once you’ve submitted your ticket, the support engineers will reach out to you promptly to assist with troubleshooting and help resolve the issue.

    For more details, you can refer to Understand initial response time for more information about support responsiveness and scope.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.