Azure for Students verification failed - Do not have access

铭洋 吕 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T10:21:21.9833333+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support Team,

I am currently a postgraduate student at North China Electric Power University in China, and I am trying to activate the Azure for Students subscription with the $100 student credit.

However, I am experiencing several issues:

  1. School name field issue: When I enter "North China Electric Power University" in the academic verification form, the text disappears automatically.

Verification failure: Even when I leave the optional school name field blank, provide my valid university email address, and complete the CAPTCHA verification, I receive the following error:

"You do not have access. Sorry, but our systems are detecting a problem with your account and are unable to validate your access."

Azure Portal access: I can successfully sign in to portal.azure.com with my existing personal Microsoft account, but I currently have no active Azure subscription.

Support portal error: When I attempt to create an Azure support ticket, I receive error AADSTS16000, indicating that my personal Microsoft account cannot access the Microsoft Services tenant.

I would like to request assistance with the following:

Checking whether my Microsoft account has an academic verification restriction.

Investigating why my university cannot be selected in the verification form.

Helping me complete the Azure for Students verification process.

Escalating this issue to the appropriate Azure for Students verification or subscription support team if necessary.

I am willing to provide proof of enrollment through an appropriate private and secure support channel.

Thank you for your assistance.Hello Microsoft Support Team,

I am currently a postgraduate student at North China Electric Power University in China, and I am trying to activate the Azure for Students subscription with the $100 student credit.

However, I am experiencing several issues:

School name field issue: When I enter "North China Electric Power University" in the academic verification form, the text disappears automatically.

Verification failure: Even when I leave the optional school name field blank, provide my valid university email address, and complete the CAPTCHA verification, I receive the following error:

"You do not have access. Sorry, but our systems are detecting a problem with your account and are unable to validate your access."

Azure Portal access: I can successfully sign in to portal.azure.com with my existing personal Microsoft account, but I currently have no active Azure subscription.

Support portal error: When I attempt to create an Azure support ticket, I receive error AADSTS16000, indicating that my personal Microsoft account cannot access the Microsoft Services tenant.

I would like to request assistance with the following:

Checking whether my Microsoft account has an academic verification restriction.

Investigating why my university cannot be selected in the verification form.

Helping me complete the Azure for Students verification process.

Escalating this issue to the appropriate Azure for Students verification or subscription support team if necessary.

I am willing to provide proof of enrollment through an appropriate private and secure support channel.

Thank you for your assistance.

Azure Cloud Services
Azure Cloud Services

An Azure platform as a service offer that is used to deploy web and cloud applications.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. kagiyama yutaka 5,575 Reputation points
    2026-10-11T11:08:19.0766667+00:00

    I think this needs an Azure for Students eligibility review, not a tenant change. AADSTS16000 is a tenant access error. It doesn't explain the failed student verification or disappearing school name. Since the support request is blocked, see Microsoft customer support → Asia → China.

    Contact the listed number and ask how to reach Azure subscription management for a student eligibility review. An existing subscription isn't required for subscription management support. Include both errors, school email domain, Session ID (if shown), and UTC time. Ask them to check the school lookup and eligibility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.