How to Remove former Corporate Email from my Accounts

Greg Ant* 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T20:06:24.7166667+00:00

Hi there,

I have an android device Samsung S21+ and I am usinge One Drive App with personal paid subscription. When I head over the App and Click the option Add Account it shows me up 2 accounts listed as Personal. One of them is another Microsoft Account I have and the other Account is displayed with email from a former employer I had, that I no longer work at and I want to remove it from the suggesting Account Options. This email is not listed over my accounts & backup at Phone's Settings, nor are stored at Google/Samsung Password Managers.

I have delete One Drive App Cache & Clean Data, Re-install it and still those accounts are listed there. Besides Microsoft Authenticator I have no other Microsoft App like Teams stored at my device. I want you to inform me how can I get rid off of those additional accounts from my device especially the one that belonged to my former company.

The most interesting part is that I have never used my device at my former employer nor used any Microsoft App from my Business Mobile and Laptop that could be synced with my microsoft account!

I checked 2 similar cases in the Forum but no solution could be found. As this is a sensitive issue I would like to have your assistance.

Regards,

Greg

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | Android
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 272.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T20:45:18.35+00:00

    The key detail is that Microsoft Authenticator is installed. On Android, Authenticator can act as Microsoft’s authentication broker and provide device-wide account information to apps such as OneDrive. That information can survive clearing or reinstalling OneDrive because it is not necessarily stored by OneDrive itself.

    Open Microsoft Authenticator and check whether your former work account is still listed there. If it is, remove it.

    ================

    If the old work account was enrolled through MDM/Intune, removing it from Authenticator may not be enough. The Android work profile itself should also be removed.

    For a personal/BYOD Android device enrolled with Microsoft Intune.

    I do believe on an Android, the general instruction is Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage account > Work > Work account > Remove account

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Md Alamin Ali 0 Reputation points Student Ambassador
    2026-10-07T20:40:48.09+00:00

    Hi Greg,

    This can happen when a former work/school account is still cached on the device or associated with Microsoft authentication services, even if it no longer appears under the phone’s account settings.

    Please try the following:

    1. Go to Settings → Accounts and backup → Manage accounts and remove any old work/school account.
    2. Open Settings → Apps → Microsoft Authenticator / Microsoft Teams / OneDrive and clear the app cache.
    3. In OneDrive, sign out of all accounts and sign back in only with your personal Microsoft account.
    4. Check Settings → Google → Password Manager and remove any saved credentials related to the former work account.
    5. If the old account still appears in Microsoft's account picker, open a Microsoft sign-in page in your browser and sign out of all Microsoft accounts, then clear Microsoft-related cookies/site data.
    6. Restart the phone and check the account suggestion again.

    If the account is still displayed after these steps, it may be associated with your previous organization's Microsoft Entra ID (Azure AD) or device-management registration. In that case, the former organization's IT administrator may need to remove the device/account association from their tenant.

    Important: Don't delete your personal Microsoft account or OneDrive data just to remove the old account suggestion.

    Regards,
    Md Alamin Ali

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.