Microsoft Technologies based on the .NET software framework. Miscellaneous topics that do not fit into specific categories.
Hello @Neeraj Mahajan , thank you for reaching out.
Regrettably, legal advice is outside what I can provide here. For questions about the OSMF’s definitions and requirements, please reach out through OSMF Discussions.
If your concern boils down to whether using those Microsoft packages requires you to pay Polly’s maintenance fee: the answer is no in the scenario you described, where Polly is only a transitive dependency. As you may already have seen in the OSMF FAQ linked in those discussions, transitive dependencies do not require the maintenance fee.
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
As far as I could establish from my research, Microsoft has not published guidance specifically on Polly’s OSMF, so I’m afraid there’s no official statement I can point you to.
For any broader compliance, procurement, or licensing requirements, those should be reviewed with your legal or procurement team. For clarification specifically on the OSMF requirements, please refer to OSMF Discussions mentioned above.
If you have any further questions that are technical and related to .NET or these packages, please feel free to ask here. Or if you found my response helpful or informative, I would greatly appreciate it if you could follow this guide for your confirmation. Thank you.