Question regarding power automate with shared file

Justin 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T21:04:34.3333333+00:00

Hello,

I have an excel file which was shared with me, url in format: "xxx-my.sharepoint.com/:x/r/personal/john_doe_org". I am trying to set up some sort of automation using power automate, where every hour I want to download the excel file/scrape the data, but I am unable to find the correct flow/connector.

Is this possible, or is this not possible because the file is shared from a personal folder?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 271K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T21:39:12.5866667+00:00

    The URL format xxx-my.sharepoint.com/:x/r/personal/john_doe_org indicates that the file is stored in someone else's OneDrive for Business, rather than a regular SharePoint document library.

    OneDrive for Business connector does not support cross-drive operations. It can only operate on files owned by the account used for the connection. This explains why you may not be able to locate the shared file in Power Automate, even though you can open it in Excel.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.