Access external flash drive

Mindy Ratcliff 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T19:48:22.32+00:00

I have plugged a flash drive, and the computer does not recognize it.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 127.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T20:25:44.8866667+00:00

    Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.


    With the flash drive connected, please take and share a screenshot of Disk Management so I can see how the system detects it.

    • Press "Windows + X" and select "Disk Management";

    Maximize the window and use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.


    Looking forward to your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Dio Xavier 296.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-06T20:55:42.7933333+00:00

    Hello,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Community.

    Good afternoon, @Mindy Ratcliff . Remove the flash drive, plug it into a different USB port, and follow these steps:

    1. Right-click the Start Menu icon => Disk Management.

    2. Locate the flash drive -> Right-click on it and select "Uninstall."

    3. Remove the flash drive, plug it back in, and let me know if it is recognized.

    Awaiting your reply...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.