Purchased a game from Microsoft store and its not working

Fahad Abbasi 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T09:07:19.7666667+00:00

I am writing to raise a formal complaint regarding Far Cry 6, which I purchased through the Microsoft Store, but I am currently unable to launch and play the game.

When I attempt to start the game through the Xbox app, I receive the following error message:

“The account you're attempting to sign in with isn't provisioned for this environment. Your application may not be configured correctly.”

After this error appears, the game fails to launch and subsequently crashes.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Fahad Abbasi 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-07T06:30:07.81+00:00

    I have tried all the things mentioned above but still the same error and the game is not running.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Ian-T 13,360 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-07T06:09:36.9766667+00:00

    Hi @Fahad Abbasi

    First, please feel free to check out the AI answer already given out.

    The error message you quoted ("The account you're attempting to sign in with isn't provisioned for this environment") is commonly related to the account being used to sign into Xbox services rather than the Far Cry 6 installation itself.

    Could you clarify a couple of things?

    • Are you signed into the Microsoft Store, Xbox app, and Windows with the same Microsoft account that purchased Far Cry 6?
    • Did you purchase the game directly from the Microsoft Store, or was it redeemed from a code, Ubisoft promotion, or another retailer?

    The answers to those questions will help determine whether this is an account provisioning/licensing issue or something specific to the Xbox sign-in services.

    If the game is correctly associated with your account and the error persists, it may ultimately require Xbox Support to investigate the entitlement attached to the purchase.

    Thank you for your time

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.