Microsoft sign-in fails across Edge and Microsoft 365 with error code 2147944153

Sujal Patel 20 Reputation points
2026-10-06T06:13:08.5366667+00:00

Hello,

I'm unable to sign in to Microsoft services/apps on my Windows PC. The issue occurs across multiple Microsoft applications, including Microsoft Edge and Microsoft 365/Office, rather than being limited to a single application.

When I attempt to sign in, I receive:

An unexpected error occurred.

Error details:

Correlation Id: ff000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Timestamp: 2026-10-06T06:05:18.000Z

DPTI: f5e3b75809f79b6be086fe5b995ac60711aaa61afdfb34e134f4e54d8e5bbd6e

Message: An unexpected error occurred.

Tag: 7q6ca

Code: 2147944153

The problem appears to affect Microsoft sign-in generally, because I encounter it in multiple Microsoft applications.

I have already tried various troubleshooting steps, but none have resolved the issue.

Could someone help determine what error code 2147944153 represents and whether this points to a problem with Windows authentication/credentials, Microsoft Account authentication, Web Account Manager, or another Windows component?

I can provide additional information such as my Windows version/build, whether this is a personal or work/school Microsoft account, Event Viewer logs, or any other diagnostic information that would help.

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Engla Wahlberg Burlin 80 Reputation points
    2026-10-06T06:21:08.3366667+00:00

    The all-zero Correlation ID is unusual and may indicate the sign-in process is failing before a request is fully established. Without additional logs, the error code alone is not sufficient to identify the failing component.

    Please provide:

    • Whether this is a Microsoft account or a work/school account.
    • Your Windows edition and build number (winver).
    • Any related errors from Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > AAD, WebAuthN, or User Device Registration.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.