email alias assigned to the wrong hotmail account, then deleted

Sheena Downey 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T01:14:04.0733333+00:00

I accidentally assigned an email alias (@outlook.com) to the wrong hotmail account. I deleted it thinking I could just reassign it to the correct email account but apparently delete means kill it forever, not just delete it from this account :-(

I really need the specific email alias I created, is there anything I can do ?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Estrella721 46,540 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T01:51:11.01+00:00

    Hi,

    Unfortunately, Microsoft’s policy is that once an email alias is deleted, it can no longer be reassociated with any Microsoft account, and there is no other way to reuse it. You would need to create a new alias that you can associate with the correct account.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.