My Microsoft account was hacked

Kronos 11 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T22:38:05.13+00:00

I am having a major issue and tried to recover my account, but when I went to recover my account using the recovery method it sands me an email to another email I provided where it did identify me but then has links to click on to send me into a loop. I now need to change 2 emails with new emails. I have lost all faith in Microsoft. I am about to throw out all my devices that have to do with Microsoft and go to Apple products.

There is no longer a person to talk as all you get is AI to direct me back to the recovery which does not help. I totally HATE< HATE< HATE the new Outlook sucks so BAD. Everyone I know hates it. I have been trying to recover my outlook for the past 2 years because someone in another country has hacked it. There is no long a Microsoft store. I have a Microsoft 365 account which I pay for. All companies are pocking our hard earn money and then there is no support with an actual human.

Is there a human to speak to recover my account?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jeronimo Fuerte 46,745 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T00:22:22.37+00:00

    I’m sorry you’re going through this issue with your account. In this case, Microsoft support agents are not able to make changes to account information, such as adding or removing details, because those protections are in place to help keep your account private and secure. I understand this may not be the outcome you were hoping for, and I truly appreciate your patience.

    The best next step is to complete the account form here; it is not the same as the recovery one: https://aka.ms/recovermyaccount

    Once you submit it, your request will be reviewed by the team that handles account recovery situations like this. They will reach out to you by email with the next steps or let you know if they need any additional information to continue helping you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. AI answer

    2026-10-05T22:38:21.2966667+00:00

    For a hacked personal Microsoft account, the supported recovery path is the Sign-in Helper and, if needed, the account recovery form.

    If the account is still accessible enough to start recovery:

    1. Start with the Sign-in Helper. It checks the account details provided and either shows the next self-help steps or may offer the chance to talk to an agent.
    2. Before changing the password, run a full malware scan on the PC:
      • Open Windows Security
      • Go to Virus and threat protection
      • Select Scan options > Full scan > Scan now
    3. After the scan, change the password if sign-in still works, or reset the password if it does not.
    4. Then review account settings that are commonly changed after compromise, including connected accounts, forwarding, and automatic replies.

    For the recovery form:

    • Use a working email account that can receive messages about the recovery request.
    • Complete the form from a device and location previously used to sign in, if possible.
    • Microsoft states that support agents are not allowed to send password reset links or access and change account details.

    Important limits called out by Microsoft:

    • If two-step verification was turned on and none of the alternate verification methods are accessible, Microsoft states the account cannot be recovered through support.
    • If a hacker changed key account data such as the sign-in email or recovery information, the available recovery options may be very limited.

    If the recovery flow keeps looping, the next supported actions are:

    • Retry through the Sign-in Helper first.
    • If the username or email is no longer recognized, use Recover your account and follow the security code steps.
    • If the account still cannot be found, use Contact support from the Microsoft support flow, but account recovery itself remains an automated process.

    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.