What do PreviousDiagnosticsRunSyncProblemsCount and ConsecutiveHealthySyncVerificationRuns in OneDrive global.ini mean?

Miguel De Santiago 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T22:34:10.1566667+00:00

I'm building endpoint monitoring for the OneDrive sync app (v26.173, per-machine install, Windows 11 multi-session with FSLogix). In %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive\settings\Business1\global.ini I see these keys:

  • PreviousDiagnosticsRunSyncProblemsCount
  • ConsecutiveHealthySyncVerificationRuns
  • LastSyncVerificationCompletedTimestamp
  • OfflineAdjustedLastSyncVerificationTimeStamp

Across 8 users most show a problem count of 0. One user who reports Explorer freezing when dragging files into OneDrive shows 78 problems and 0 consecutive healthy runs. Another shows 59 problems but 18 healthy runs.

Questions:

  1. What does the sync verification process check, and how often does it run?
  2. What counts as a "problem" in PreviousDiagnosticsRunSyncProblemsCount, and does it reset after a clean run?
  3. Why could the problem count be high while consecutive healthy runs is also high?
  4. Is there a supported way to see the individual problems found?

I understand these are internal values. I'm trying to decide whether they're reliable enough to use as a health signal.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hendrix 1,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T23:12:37.6366667+00:00

    Hi Miguel,

    Thank you for the detailed information.

    The values you identified in global.ini are internal OneDrive diagnostic state values and are not documented as a supported monitoring interface. Because Microsoft does not publish the exact definitions, verification frequency, reset behavior, or mapping to individual issues, I cannot reliably interpret the counts as current unresolved sync failures.

    Based on what you shared, since one profile shows a high number of problem counts together with multiple consecutive healthy runs, this indicates that these fields may represent different diagnostic types of verification. However, there is no official public documentation, so I cannot confirm their precise relationship and I also would not recommend using these values alone as an endpoint health or alerting signal.

    For supported production monitoring, please use the OneDrive Sync Health dashboard in the Microsoft 365 Apps Admin Center and correlate its results with current OneDrive errors, report freshness, application status, FSLogix container health, available storage, and user-visible symptoms.

    If you need an authoritative explanation of these internal fields, a list of the individual problems represented by the count, or analysis of the diagnostic logs, I recommend contacting your administrator to create a ticket directly with Microsoft Support. Those implementation details are not publicly documented, and this route ensures you can contact a technical support engineer who is well-equipped to perform advanced troubleshooting and provide targeted guidance.

    Hope this information will help. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out again in the comments on this post. I'm happy to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.