How do I cancel Xbox subscription if I cannot login?

Dawson Wiedmann 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T20:45:18.41+00:00

My Xbox outlook email was hacked. I have spent 24+ hours on my personal time and around 30+ account recovery forms to attempt at resetting my password.

The Microsoft Support team has shown ZERO interest in helping me resolve this issue. My account has been active for over 10 years with collective subscriptions totalling over $3,500.

Before going to my bank and changing my complete banking info over MICROSOFTS MISTAKE. How can I cancel all my subscriptions? I do not want to continue to pay for access that I do not have, and that microsoft apparently has no intentions on giving me back.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Chloe-V 13,460 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T01:45:11.7666667+00:00

    Hi @Dawson Wiedmann

    I’m sorry to hear that you have spent so much time trying to recover your Outlook.com account. I understand how frustrating and concerning it is to lose access to an account you have used for many years.

    Since this concerns access to a personal Outlook.com account, please note that the forum cannot view account details, review recovery submissions, reset the password, or restore access from the back end. Microsoft Support agents are also unable to manually change account information or send a password-reset link without successful ownership verification.

    The available recovery method is the Microsoft account recovery form. When submitting it again, use a device and network previously associated with the account and provide as much accurate information as possible, including old passwords, contacts, recent email subject lines, and other account details you remember.

    You can contact Microsoft Support again by following these steps:

    • Select Show expanded list of products.
    • Choose Outlook > Get Home support.
    • Search for Account Recovery, then select Get Help > Contact Support.
    • Sign in with another Microsoft account if you cannot access the affected account.
    • Under Ask our Support Assistant, type Talk to live chat agent, then select Contact Support.
    • Select Other Products > Manage Account Security > Chat with a support agent via web browser.

    However, if two-step verification was enabled and you no longer have access to any of the registered verification methods, the account cannot be recovered. Microsoft Support cannot bypass two-step verification, manually change the account information, or provide a password-reset link without successful verification.

    I understand this may not be the outcome you were hoping for, but these security requirements are intended to protect the account and its data from unauthorized access.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.