Azure Artifact Signing organization identity validation fails with HTTP 500

Shaun Hobson 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T19:49:42.86+00:00

I’m attempting to complete Public Organization Identity Validation for an Azure Artifact Signing account in South Central US.

The Artifact Signing account itself was created successfully, the required role assignment is present, and Azure Activity Log shows no failed resource/control-plane operations.

When I submit the Public organization identity validation through the Azure portal, the workflow returns HTTP 500. The resulting identity-validation record is then marked Failed, but the portal provides no failure reason. Because validation is failed, no verified vetting record is available when creating a Public Trust certificate profile.

This appears isolated to the Artifact Signing identity-validation/vetting workflow rather than the Artifact Signing resource itself.

Can a Microsoft moderator please route/escalate this to the Artifact Signing identity-validation team or advise how to obtain the backend failure reason? I do not want to repeatedly resubmit identity validation without knowing what caused the existing request to fail.

I can provide the subscription, tenant, failed identity-validation ID, organization information, screenshots, and other diagnostic details privately to Microsoft support, but I am intentionally not posting those identifiers publicly.

Artifact Signing
Artifact Signing

A fully managed end-to-end service for digitally signing code, documents, and applications. (formerly Trusted Signing)

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.