How do I pin a link to the task bar?

Gary Joehlin 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T17:19:23.7866667+00:00

How do I pin a link address to the task bar? I already know how to put it in my favorites, but I don't want to toggle to use it.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Task Bar
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. David-M 127.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T17:55:55.1866667+00:00

    Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.


    The easiest method is to use the browser itself for this.

    Microsoft Edge

    1. Open the link in Microsoft Edge;
    2. Click the three dots (...) in the top right corner;
    3. Hover over "More tools";
    4. Select "Pin to taskbar".

    Google Chrome

    1. Open the link in Google Chrome.
    2. Click the three dots (...) in the top right corner;
    3. Go to "Save and share", then click "Create shortcut";
    4. Go to your Desktop, right-click the new shortcut, and select "Pin to start";
    5. Open the Start menu, right-click the shortcut there, and select "Pin to taskbar" (you can then unpin it from Start if you prefer).

    If you use another browser, let me know.


    Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.