my password recovery says try another verification method

Linda Lackey 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T17:09:17.5533333+00:00

I need assist with my Microsoft account. I go to reset my password my authenticator app logged out unable to receive verify 1 method. I have my email and have 1 recovery method receiving codes. My phone is 3rd recovery method, and I need 2 and the error message comes up try another verification method? I have filled out the account form, and it verified my phone to even submit says nothing is wrong with my account never got a response 2 forms this message a week? None of self-help in option?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,915 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T19:32:42.0033333+00:00

    Hi, I'm Bernard. I'm happy to help!

    The Microsoft account recovery form is one of the last and most effective options for recovering your account when other verification methods are unavailable. To help prove that you are the owner of the account, I recommend that you resubmit the form and provide as accurate and detailed information as possible. The more accurate information you provide, the higher the chances of your request being successfully verified.

     

    However, if the issue persists, you can reach out to Microsoft Accounts and Billing support by following these steps:

     

    Go to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact

     

    Type your problem in the search bar and press Enter.

     

    Scroll down to the bottom and select the blue "Contact Support" button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.