New Azure/Entra tenant is inaccessible to the sole administrator. Sign-in fails with AADSTS90123 / IdentityProviderAccessDenied, while the Microsoft account works normally elsewhere. I need Tenant Recovery assistance and can provide tenant details private

Alejandro Ostergaard 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T14:53:28.5066667+00:00

Title: Azure/Entra tenant lockout — sole admin — AADSTS90123

I need Tenant Recovery assistance for a new Microsoft Entra/Azure tenant. I am the sole administrator and cannot obtain a token for the tenant. Sign-in fails with AADSTS90123 / IdentityProviderAccessDenied. My Microsoft account works normally outside this tenant, but the Azure tenant is inaccessible. Please escalate this to the Data Protection / Tenant Recovery team. I can provide the tenant ID and other diagnostic details privately and am available to verify ownership and identity.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ana Le 2,625 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T02:45:34.38+00:00

    Hi,

    Since you are the sole administrator and cannot access the tenant, the next step is to contact Microsoft Support for an assessment of the administrator lockout. As an Independent Advisor, I cannot access your tenant, verify ownership, or directly escalate this post.

    Microsoft’s error-code reference describes AADSTS90123 / IdentityProviderAccessDenied as a refusal by the identity or claim issuance provider to issue a token. This identifies the failed operation, but does not establish the underlying cause or confirm that an MFA reset is needed.

    For users who cannot sign in to the Azure portal, the Azure Support FAQ directs them to call the customer-service number for their country/region. Please use the “customer service” link under “How do I submit a support request if I can't sign in to the Azure portal?”

    User's image

    When contacting support, explain:

    “I am the sole administrator of a new Microsoft Entra/Azure tenant. Sign-in fails with AADSTS90123 / IdentityProviderAccessDenied, so I cannot access the tenant or submit a support request through its portal. My Microsoft account works outside this tenant. I need assistance with administrator access recovery and can verify ownership. Please assess the issue and route it to the appropriate team, including Data Protection/Tenant Recovery if applicable.”

    Have your tenant ID, subscription ID if applicable, full error message, correlation/request IDs, and error timestamp ready for the official support case. Share these through the private channel provided by Microsoft Support. Please mask personal information and diagnostic identifiers in any screenshots posted publicly, and provide ownership documents only through the verification process specified by Support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.