I created a family group for my son to play minecraft with some supervision but online play is still disabled.

Evan Anglade 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T19:52:13.74+00:00

The specific error message is "Multiplayer is disabled. Please Check your Microsoft account settings." I tried making every setting in the privacy options as open as possible but that didn't work either. I tried asking the AI support but none of it's ideas helped. If this has happened to you, how did you fix it.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Horace Wiggins 535 Reputation points
    2026-10-04T20:45:33.6166667+00:00

    Do you have a game account with Microsoft for playing games? Is Xbox showing in your apps list? Provide more information on how you plan to install and play Minecraft. I have PC Game Pass.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.