Microsoft Q & A vs Microsoft Community

Temporary User 45 Reputation points
2026-10-01T23:04:53.7233333+00:00

I am sorry to post this but I feel all users must be honest about all things Microsoft. We understand the necessity of updating Microsoft systems and along with that come new things, new ways and so forth. But in totally honest, I do not like this new Microsoft Q & A as compared to the old Microsoft Community. I believe that MC (Microsoft Community) was much simpler, easier to follow and, well in all ways I believe the old system we had was much easier. I have to admit, I am a LONG time user of Excel and LOVE IT. I was learning how to program Microsoft programs before the first PC's hit the market. I worked at one of the world's largest auto manufacturing companies. As such, I was hard wired to a Main Frame in our company's home office and there, I was provided with lessons on how to program new things that would be hitting the market within two years so, I was writing programs for PC two years before they were introduced to the public. Many of the programs I wrote were introduced into our office and used by our people every day. I was also asked to do a comparison of two separate systems, Microsoft and the second was called SMART. Honestly, I am sorry Bill Gates was smart enough business wise to do as he did to make Microsoft the winner to the public and that SMART did not do the same as Gates for had they done that, the general public would more than likely be using SMART instead of Microsoft. So, now we all now the results of Bill Gates actions to build his business. But there are a good deal of faults with Microsoft and one of them is that when Excel is updated, the programmers who write the changes do not always come off the previous versions and do not even know the programming of the older version. IF I were Bill Gates, there would be two rules that all employees would live by or they would not work for me: 1. NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING; and 2. all new versions would be written coming from the current versions. This new Microsoft Q&A is a good example of both rules being broken. I am not going to explain that because if you are an experienced Microsoft user, you know what I am talking about and if you are not, you would not be affected by these rules in any case. PC's were introduced under the premise of making life better and easier and I will be (expletive) if they even come close to making life easier for they absolutely make life more difficult. There a million ways it could have been written that would make it MUCH easier by LONG (expletive) way and I would be willing to bet that if SMART was still available But, here is my question: IF you had a choice of the previous community center vs the new Q&A System, which would you pick? My pick is the older Community Center.

Community Center | Discuss the Q&A site | Other feedback
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.