Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
@John Jefferson Doyon thank you for the reply. No error messages. It just won’t open. No, does not show in the task manager. Usually when it wakes up. If I let it sit for 5+ hours or even until the next day, when I wake it, enter my PIN and click on Outlook and nothing. windows 11. OS Build 26300.9550 it did this about 6 months ago and then stopped for a few months but started back up a few weeks ago. I’m using the new Outlook as Outlook Classic doesn’t seem to have the same emails, which is another confusing part.
Hi,
Thanks. Your Windows build 26300.9550 is Windows 11 version 26H2. I also checked Microsoft's current known issues, and I don't see this specific Outlook-after-sleep issue listed for that build.
Since Outlook does not appear in Task Manager when this happens, please try repairing the new Outlook app first:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Installed apps.
- Find "Outlook (new)".
- Click the three dots > Advanced options.
- Select "Repair".
Also open Microsoft Store > Downloads and install any available updates for Outlook and other Microsoft Store components.
After that, restart the PC and test it again after the computer has been asleep for several hours.
If it still happens, please let me know:
- Under Settings > System > About, what does "System type" show: x64-based or ARM-based?
- In new Outlook, go to Settings > General > About Outlook. What version is installed?
The emails being different in Classic Outlook is probably a separate issue. New and Classic Outlook can have different accounts configured, so we can check that after the launching issue is sorted out.
Click "Add comment" to let me know.
Thanks!