Force reload + sign in screen

DeRose, Alexandra 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T02:36:23.55+00:00

I'm on my school account, and I access outlook through safari. It keeps taking me back into the sign in screen, and every time I click my account, it just takes me back. I've cleared my cache, closed all tabs, tried private browsing, yet none of it works. I'm able to access it everywhere else too. Prior to this, it was saying that they couldn't find my account.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Sign in
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ana Le 2,615 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-01T03:12:16.5033333+00:00

    Hi,

    I can understand how frustrating this is, especially since you’ve already cleared the cache and tried Private Browsing, and your school account works elsewhere.

    Since the issue seems limited to Outlook in Safari, could you try the following?

    1. Open https://outlook.office365.com/ directly and sign in with your school account, rather than selecting a saved account on the sign-in page.
    2. If it still redirects you to the sign-in screen, try accessing Outlook using another supported browser, such as Microsoft Edge or Chrome, on the same device.
    3. If the issue only happens in Safari, check whether Safari is blocking cookies or whether any content-blocking extensions are enabled.

    Microsoft’s guide explains how to sign in to Outlook on the web: How to sign in to Outlook on the web | Microsoft Support

    If the same loop occurs in another browser, please contact your school’s IT administrator to check whether there’s an account or sign-in issue, especially since you previously received a message saying your account couldn’t be found.

    One question that would help narrow this down: Are you using Safari on an iPhone/iPad or a Mac? Also, when the sign-in loop happens, do you see any error message, or does it simply return to the account selection screen? Looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.