Sole Global Admin locked out by MFA – Existing support case stalled for 2 weeks – Need Data Protection escalation

Jinxi Cao 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T00:51:13.0433333+00:00

I am the sole Global Administrator of our Microsoft 365 tenant and I am currently locked out due to an MFA / Microsoft Authenticator issue.

I already have an active Microsoft Support case, and the assigned support engineer has been trying to assist me. I appreciate their help and I do not want to interfere with, replace, or complain about the existing engineer.

However, the issue has now been ongoing for approximately two weeks and I still cannot access the Global Administrator account. This is becoming increasingly urgent for our business.

I have also tried contacting Microsoft by phone, but the automated phone system repeatedly disconnects the call before I can reach a live agent.

At this point, I am simply looking for help escalating the existing case to the appropriate Data Protection / Tenant Recovery team so that the necessary tenant ownership verification and MFA reset can be completed.

Could a Microsoft moderator please contact me by private message so I can provide my existing case number and tenant information privately?

Thank you very much for any assistance.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-Ex 1,585 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-09T07:30:59.9366667+00:00

    Hi Jinxi Cao,

    Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this case. The issue occurred when the Global Administrator account could not complete verification because the ticket was created and communication used an email address that was not listed beforehand. This situation caused a short delay in the support process.

    After confirming that the email in use belonged to the Global Administrator account, the Data Protection Team was able to proceed and resolve the issue successfully.

    For other users, please contact the Data Protection Team using the email address provided when the ticket was created. If a different email is used, it is helpful to explain the situation to the support agent so they can verify your account and assist effectively.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Kai-Ex 1,585 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-01T03:30:34.0133333+00:00

    Hello @Jinxi Cao,

    Thank you for reaching out.

    Please check the private message by clicking View messages.User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.