yellow page color on browsers after latest windows update

Raaed 25 Reputation points
2026-09-30T02:50:11.19+00:00

How do I get rid of the yellow browser page after latest windows update? It's happening in Edge and Chrome so it's not specific to Edge. I want to go back to the white page on my browsers.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-30T04:34:41.4433333+00:00

I noticed you reported my answer that the issue was not resolved, and I want to make sure I answered your question completely and accurately.

Please try this.

Copy and paste this on the address bar then press Enter

edge://flags/

Search "Force color profile"

Click the drop-down list then select sRGB

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. elyse proctor 5 Reputation points
    2026-09-30T14:53:32.17+00:00

    You can also use Powershell to disable / enable the graphics card which has been the fastest method for me:

    1. Open PowerShell with admin privileges
    2. Run: Get-PnpDevice -Class Display | Disable-PnpDevice -Confirm:$false
    3. Then run: Get-PnpDevice -Class Display | Enable-PnpDevice -Confirm:$false

    Once reset the yellow tint will be gone for all browsers/windows. Pro tip: keep the affected windows open while running the script.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.

  2. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T04:03:46.8833333+00:00

    Just to make sure, does the yellow tint only appear in Edge and Chrome, and does everything else on your Windows display look normal?

    If so, please try the method below.

    Open Edge > Settings > Appearance.

    Under Overall appearance, select Light.

    Under Theme, make sure you're not using a custom theme that changes the page colors.

    You may also try to click Restore default

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Raaed 25 Reputation points
    2026-09-30T03:43:50.0266667+00:00

    2026-09 Security Update (KB5129195) (26200.9457)Screenshot 2026-09-30 114248.png

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T03:23:37.5633333+00:00

    Hi, good day!

    Which Windows update was installed before you noticed the yellow tint in Edge and Chrome? You can check under Settings > Windows Update > Update history and provide the KB number.

    Also, could you take a screenshot showing the yellow browser page and post it here? Please hide any personal information before sharing.


    I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed by clicking "Add comment" below.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.