Foundry Tools: Production Azure AI Foundry Environment Unresponsive — Deployment Failures and API Errors

Fadi Marouki 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T13:35:14.39+00:00

Problem description

I am experiencing critical issues with my production Azure AI Foundry environment. Since around 22:00 UTC on September 28, 2026, I have been unable to create or modify deployments, and existing deployments are not functioning as expected. The environment appears to be completely unresponsive, and I cannot perform any deployment-related actions.

The Microsoft support is extremely bad. I was forced to speak with an AI agent that provided zero value and now I'm forced to write on a Q&A page and pray to god some engineer will be able to ping the engineers to fix this mess.

Environment

Azure AI Foundry / Azure OpenAI in Foundry Models within Azure, production workload.

What I've already tried

I have tried everything. The issue is on Azure Foundry. All actions report following in Activity log:

  • BadGatewayConnection
  • GatewayTimeout
  • Cannot modify resource with id '/subscriptions/xxxxxxf/resourceGroups/carostock/providers/Microsoft.CognitiveServices/accounts/yyyyyyyyy' because the resource entity provisioning state is not terminal. Please wait for the provisioning state to become terminal and then retry the request.
  • The gateway did not receive a response from 'Microsoft.CognitiveServices' within the specified time period.
  • The gateway did not receive a response from 'Microsoft.CognitiveServices' within the specified time period.
Microsoft Foundry
Microsoft Foundry

A unified Azure platform for creating and managing AI models, agents, and applications with built‑in enterprise security, monitoring, and governance


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.