Windows update show/hide troubleshooter

John -PC 100 Reputation points
2026-09-26T23:45:52.09+00:00

I used to have the show/hide update trouble shooter (wushowhide.diagcab). but I have had my hard drive replaced, so I have lost it!! How can I get it back?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author

AI answer

2026-09-26T23:46:09.9533333+00:00

The Show or Hide Updates troubleshooter can be downloaded again and used to hide an update so Windows Update does not install it.

Use this download that appears in the provided Microsoft Q&A guidance:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

After downloading it:

  1. Run wushowhide.diagcab.
  2. Select Next.
  3. Select Hide updates.
  4. Choose the update to hide.
  5. Select Next to apply it.

If the goal is general Windows Update troubleshooting, Windows also includes the built-in Windows Update troubleshooter:

  • Open the Get Help app.
  • Search for windows update troubleshooter.
  • Follow the steps provided.

AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John -PC 100 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T23:55:36.5266667+00:00

    This finally worked, but the download was initially blocked as "insecure download"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.