A family of Microsoft presentation graphics products that offer tools for creating presentations and adding graphic effects like multimedia objects and special effects with text.
Try these steps in order:
- Repair Office from Windows
- Close all Office apps.
- Open Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Find Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365.
- Right-click it, select Change, then choose Repair.
- If available, use Online Repair because it is more thorough.
- Start PowerPoint in Safe Mode to check add-ins
- Press Windows + R.
- Type
powerpnt /safeand start PowerPoint. - If PowerPoint opens in Safe Mode, go to File > Options > Add-Ins.
- Select COM Add-ins > Go.
- Clear all add-in checkboxes, select OK, then restart PowerPoint normally.
- If that fixes it, re-enable add-ins one at a time to find the one causing the problem.
- Install the latest Office updates
- Open any Office app that still works.
- Go to File > Account.
- Under Product Information, choose Update Options > Update Now.
- If the problem happens only when opening PowerPoint files by clicking them
- Repair the Office file association:
- Open Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select the Office product and choose Change.
- Run Quick Repair.
- If needed, manually set
.pptand.pptxfiles to open with PowerPoint in Default Programs.
- Repair the Office file association:
- If one specific presentation fails
- In PowerPoint, use File > Open > Browse.
- Select the file, click the arrow next to Open, then choose Open and Repair.
- If the file is very old, it may be a PowerPoint 95 file, which newer versions cannot open directly.
- If PowerPoint still hangs or crashes
- Check whether PowerPoint is busy with another process by looking at the status bar.
- Make sure antivirus software is up to date.
- PowerPoint isn't responding, hangs or freezes
- PowerPoint isn't responding, hangs or freezes
- Double-clicking an Office file fails to open it in the correct Office program
- Open a document after a file corruption error
- PowerPoint can't open this file
- I get a "stopped working" error when I start Office applications on my PC
- Context Issues With Microsoft PowerPoint - Microsoft Q&A I have Microsoft Office 2021. I opened PowerPoint and was told that PowerPoint ran into a problem and could not operate correctly. I was asked if I wanted to repair the error, and I said yes. However it does not repair itself. I had a one time license for PowerPoint so I can not reload. Any suggestions?