Can't identify or cancel Microsoft subscription being charged monthly

John W 0 Reputation points
2026-09-07T12:47:52.51+00:00

Hi,

I have a recurring charge on my bank statement:

MICROSOFT#G**[Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]** MSBILL.INFO AU

The charge is AUD $8.67 per month.

I've signed into my Microsoft account and checked:

  • Services & Subscriptions
  • Payment History

but I cannot find any subscription or purchase that matches this charge.

I only have one Microsoft account/email address.

How can I identify which subscription this charge is for and cancel it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Alina Le 5,585 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-07T13:21:01.4333333+00:00

    Hello,

    Based on your description, the charge that includes "G" is often associated with a Microsoft business subscription, which is typically linked to an account ending with onmicrosoft.com or a custom domain.

    To review or cancel the subscription, you will need to sign in to the corresponding account. Please try to recall whether you created an onmicrosoft.com account when purchasing a Microsoft subscription.

    I also recommend checking all email accounts that you may have used and searching for keywords such as Microsoft, Microsoft 365, subscription, invoice, billing, order confirmation ,etc. This may help you locate any subscription-related confirmation emails associated with the charge.

    Since I cannot access billing records or backend account data, I am unable to verify the charge directly. If you are still unable to identify the subscription, please contact Microsoft Billing Support, as they are authorized to review billing records and help investigate the charge.

    You can try to find the related hotline number to call the frontline let them raise a ticket for you: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support 

    If you are able to use English, you may also prefer the following phone numbers:

    User's image

    User's image

    *(Important Note: Depending on your country or region, when you call the support number, you may hear an introduction of about 30 seconds such as "you can visit the link...". You can ignore this introduction and wait until you are presented with the options. Then press "1" as a business email user, and again "1" for technical help.)

    Please try 2 or 3 times until you can reach out to an agent.

    For your reference:

    How to investigate a billing charge from Microsoft

    Finally, while you work with Microsoft Billing Support to investigate the charge, you may consider contacting your bank or card issuer to ask whether they can temporarily block future Microsoft charges. This may help prevent additional charges for a product or subscription you do not intend to use until the matter has been clarified and resolved.

    Although I cannot support this issue directly, I hope I have provided enough information to help you move forward.

    Have a great week ahead!

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.