OneNote Android no longer working with my stylus?

Matthew Zhang 15 Reputation points
2026-01-29T20:53:55.54+00:00

Recently (and seemingly out of nowhere) the OneNote application on my phone stopped working with my stylus. I have a Samsung Galaxy S25 Ultra so there is a built in stylus.

For some reason now, there is a major delay when writing (where writing only shows up after I lift the stylus), and the side key on the stylus (which previously activated the eraser feature while writing) no longer works. A few days ago, OneNote would also register both my finger and the stylus tip as a writing tool, so I was unable to pan around. This issue seems to have disappeared today, but I am still unable to write normally.

I can only replicate this issue in OneNote, and the stylus works (along with the side key) in any other writing application (Samsung Notes mainly). What is the issue here? Genuinely just appeared out of nowhere.

I have tried clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, and checking for updates. Since this issue seems to be isolated to OneNote specifically, I have not tried anything else.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Android

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,765 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-01-29T21:48:13.1233333+00:00

    Hi,

    Try uninstalling the OneNote app again and then restart your device. This will delete the remaining cache on the app. Install the app again.

    If the issue persists, can you open and sign in to the OneNote cloud? See if you have no issue with the stylus,

    If there is no issue, please try contacting MS support for feedback on the OneNote app, or you can send direct feedback from the Microsoft 365 apps. This will more directly submit your concerns to the applicable team
    To contact MS support, please follow the steps below.

    • Open this link: Contact - Microsoft Support
    • In the box, "We're here to help", type Microsoft 365, click the Get Help, and then scroll down. Click "Contact Support" below.
    • In this section, you will need to sign in to your Microsoft account.
    • Select "Microsoft 365 and Office" under Products & Services. As for the category selection, choose "Technical Support", and click to confirm
    • You can select " Chat with a support agent in your web browser " to access the chat window.

    In the meantime, please use OneNote cloud for a while until you receive a response or update.

    If you require additional assistance, please let me know.

    Stay Safe!

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.