My word online isn't loading properly.

Harry Jack 0 Reputation points
2025-08-30T09:40:03.4266667+00:00

My word online isn't loading properly. It loads 1 out of 15-20 times I try and the 1 time that it does load, it won't open the documents I'm trying to open. I just get office loading screen and in the web address bar is says error on the end of the address.

This has been happening all week now and I need to do some work.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Randy Baroja 20,800 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-08-30T10:16:19.2066667+00:00

    Hi Harry,

    Nice to meet you! My name is Randy and I'm an independent advisor.

    If Word Online won’t load, first clear your browser’s cache and cookies or try another browser to rule out a cache issue. Test in private/incognito mode and, if it works there, disable extensions like ad blockers that may interfere. Also sign out and back into office.com and check Microsoft’s Service Health page to confirm there’s no outage.

    Kind regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
  2. Florence Sushila Niles 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-06T05:32:43.59+00:00

    I have been using Word online successfully but today it just won't accept my login details. I tried opening in Google and Microsoft edge. It is asking many verifications and even when it opens I am not able to access a document. Error message "something went wrong. Go back and sign in. It is so frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?