"Unusual Activity Detected" When I try to add my account to a family via invite

Anonymous
2023-08-17T03:47:56+00:00

Hello, I am trying to add my account to a family safety group via invite though when I press accept invite, it says "Unusual Activity Detected" as shown below.
Here is the trace id: [Moderator note: PII removed]
I already talked to Microsoft support via live chat and they referred me to here.

Please Advise

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-18T10:41:48+00:00

    Hello Gihan,

    Thank you for using Microsoft products and posting to the community.

    We fully understand the inconvenience the issue has caused and that the current situation can be frustrating.  However, because home security issues involve private account information, we do not deal with such issues in this open forum to avoid personal privacy leaks.

    If it is convenient, I would like you to share with me the incident number of the Microsoft support person you contacted in real time earlier and I will submit and feedback the situation through internal channels and they should continue to assist you with the issue or direct you to the right department.

    Also, I would like to know if you contacted the support person through the steps in the image below.

    Contact Us - Microsoft Support

    Your understanding is highly appreciated! Hope you are keeping safe and well. 

    Sincerely

    Mavis - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments