repeated hotmail pop-up to review security methods

Art Expert Tutor 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T06:55:42.5+00:00

I got the microsoft email for new T's&C's, and now I get repeated hotmail pop-up to review security methods. Even though I am in hotmail, I still have to log in to check them, then I get another pop-up asking me if they look ok.

When I close down the browser this clears the cookies, and next time I open hotmail I get the same pop-up.

How do I stop it?? Or is the only option to change all my email addresses on websites to GMail? Does MS have a security issue?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lucus-V 13,895 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-11T19:05:17.4733333+00:00

    Hi Art Expert Tutor,

    To better understand what is causing these repeated security review prompts, could you please clarify the following?

    1. Which browser are you using (Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)?
    2. Have you configured your browser to automatically clear cookies, site data, or browsing data when it closes?
    3. Does the same behavior occur if you:
      • Sign in using a different browser, or
      • Use an InPrivate/Incognito window?
    4. If you temporarily disable automatic cookie deletion and then complete the security methods review again, does the prompt still return after reopening the browser?
    5. Are you using any privacy, anti-tracking, or security extensions that may automatically remove cookies or website data?

    I ask because you mentioned that the prompt reappears after closing and reopening the browser, and that your cookies are cleared when the browser closes. This may prevent Outlook.com from remembering that you have already completed the security review, causing the prompt to appear again.

    Please let us know the results of the above tests, and we can help narrow down whether this is caused by browser settings or by an issue on the Outlook.com service side.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.