i had another microsoft account stolen via malware

Drago DracoMan671 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T05:19:16.42+00:00

I had a Microsoft account stolen via a token stealer, I have tried the recovery form but it is slow and is unclear if I need to replay to the escalation emails or submit another form. however, I have proof that I own the account via Microsoft family safety settings.

User's image

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,770 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-11T06:01:37.4166667+00:00

    Hi,

    Unfortunately, the only way to regain access to your Microsoft account is by submitting the Account Recovery Form. Microsoft Support will also direct you to this process, as they do not have the ability to access or change your account information.

    Microsoft takes account security seriously, which is why the recovery process is automated and cannot be manually changed by MS support. To improve your chances of success, please provide as much accurate information as possible to verify that you are the rightful owner of the account. The more details you can provide, the better your chances of passing the verification process. Please note that if your primary email address, phone number, aliases, and security information have been deleted or replaced, unfortunately, there is no way to recover your account. This is a difficult situation, but please understand that the recovery process exists to protect your account and its contents.

    If your recovery request was denied or unsuccessful, please click the link below for more information.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/manage/account-recovery-unsuccessful

    If you have not received an email regarding your recovery request, please check your spam, junk, and other email folders. Also, make sure to check the same email address you provided in the recovery form, as that is where Microsoft will send its response.

    It may not be the outcome or solution you were hoping for, but I hope this helps address your concern.

    Stay Safe!

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.