I was guaranteed 5 years at $69.99 for Microsoft 365. Now I'm being charged $99.99

Pat Rapp 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T17:16:13.7366667+00:00

After an hour trying to contact Microsoft, all I learned is that my subscription is being upgraded with the addition of CoPilot. I don't want CoPilot. One article said I could change my subscription back to "Family Classic", so I went to my account page and tried to do that. The only two options were "upgrade" and "Basic". I'm on the verge of totally canceling out every vestige of Microsoft from my computer. Pat Rapp

Your purchase of Microsoft 365 Personal has been processed

Thanks for subscribing to Microsoft 365 Personal. We’re happy you’re here.

We've charged USD 76.20 to Visa **2210. For a complete breakdown of charges, see your order details.

Starting Monday, November 9, 2026, your payment of USD 69.99 plus applicable taxes will be charged to Visa **2210 automatically every 1 year.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.