Account locked for violating MSA, CDOC team not replying to appeals

Soulaiman El-Assaad 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T12:41:32.1+00:00

Hello.
I would like to present to you something very frustrating.

I got hacked on July 21st, with Google alerting me that my passwords were found in a data breach, also with Malwarebytes software to back me up.
When did my account get locked? More than 10 days after being hacked, when I already changed passwords and all.
User's image

And now I've been battling with them for nearly 3 months just to unblock my account, and recover my most important documents locked in OneDrive.
After countless times of appealing, this is the information I was sent:
User's image

Nothing else. I violated Microsoft's platform and services, but I don't know how. I even provided them with windows defender logs that I got hacked, and I even have the extortion message the attacker used. I even lost my Epic Games account permanently and nearly lost my Steam account.

Now whenever i try to appeal, the team does NOT respond, leaves me on read like i cheated on them or something.

And the only way to contact them is by that form, microsoft.com/digitalsafety/appeal < this form specifically, if i try to contact them through microsoft.com/digitalsafety/account-reinstatement i don't get a reply.

This is extremely frustrating. I have 6 months to appeal and 3 months have already gone by!

I do not know how to proceed. I want these OneDrive documents, urgently...

My case is like the case of thousands of other people. Microsoft still can't tell the person that performed unauthorized action? whether if it's the original owner or the attacker? there was no email sent from my inbox, i would have seen it. the attacker had ONLY 3 HOURS of account access, i quickly changed passwords.

User's image

Should this not validate that i did not perform whatever happened there?? I provided the old microsoft password and it was found right in there, inside these logs.

This is absurd. I have to lose everything because some unknown person from an unknown place had access to my account for 3 hours, did whatever they did, and i'm being punished for it. fantastic.

What are the escalation methods? I am tired of the same form and being ghosted repeatedly.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.