Issue loading Outlook 365 to a Macbook

Ric E 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T06:25:34.3866667+00:00

I have a Macbook and Office 365. Word, Excel etc are working normally. The MacBook is only a couple of weeks old and Outlook was working well until today. (Its also working normally on an iMac.)

I have tried everything I can of including deleting it and downloading from the App store again. The problems have been weird. The fist was it didn't recognise my user name yet I can log into my Microsoft account and the trouble shooing showed the account was there.

The latest problem is this

I am trying to set up my Outlook 365 account and am having issues. when I submit my email address, the next window states it cant match my address and asks me to select a Provider. I selected Microsoft 365 and then get the following error message. Correlation Id: Moderator note: PII removed

Timestamp: 2026-10-09T03:00:25.000Z

DPTI: Moderator note: PII removed

Message: Access denied for the resource.

Tag: 9hehw

Code: 0

How do I fix it?

I was using Legacy mode and switched it to normal but that didn't work. Then I changed it back to Legacy and it still doesn't work.

I did change my password and that is also causing issues.

I tried to log into Office 365 with my email address. Represented as [Moderator note: PII removed@][yyyyy.id.au] I then get the response... yyyyy.id.au isn't in our system. Make sure you typed it correctly. The message is missing the first three letters of my email address.

I am completely at a loss of how to fix it. Please help.

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Emma1-N 13,675 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-10T00:04:49.1533333+00:00

    Welcome Ric E,

    Please note that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to hide your personal information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide any personal or organizational information the next time you post an error or other details to protect personal data.  

    Thank you for providing the detailed error information. I understand Outlook was previously working on your new MacBook, but after the password change it no longer recognizes the complete email address and you receive “Access denied for the resource” while adding the account.

    Before suggesting further troubleshooting, could you please confirm one point:

    Are you using a personal email/Microsoft account or a work/business Microsoft 365 account provided or managed by an organization?

    Looking forward to your update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.