One note Page Deleted Accidentally and I Can't Recover It

Jenny 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T00:53:39.9666667+00:00

Hi,

I accidentally deleted a page in one notes and I tried checking the recycle bin in one notes and one drive. I cannot find it. Please let me know what I can do. I really need that page back.

Thanks,

Jenny.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | Other | iOS
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Francisco Montilla 31,080 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-09T03:20:25.65+00:00

    Hello,

    Which device were you actually using when you pressed delete on the page (was it an iPhone, iPad, Mac app, or somewhere else)? Also, do you happen to have the OneNote app installed on your Mac or another computer, or were you only using the web browser?

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Rukshan edirisinghe 1,400 Reputation points
    2026-10-09T02:48:45.99+00:00

    Hi @Jenny

    Don't worry yet, the page is very likely still there. A deleted OneNote page doesn't go to the OneDrive recycle bin, because it isn't a separate file. It goes into the notebook's own recycle bin and stays there for up to 60 days. As far as I know, the iPhone and iPad app doesn't show that bin, so you'll need a browser or a computer for this part:

    1. Open onenote.com in a browser (a computer is easiest) and sign in with the same account.
    2. Open the notebook the page was in.
    3. Go to the View tab and select Deleted Notes.
    4. Find your page, right-click it and choose Restore. It should then sync back to your iPhone too.

    If you have the OneNote desktop app on a PC, History > Notebook Recycle Bin shows the same list.

    Roughly how long ago did you delete the page?

    If this resolved your issue, please consider accepting it as the answer. If the page isn't in Deleted Notes, let me know and I'll be happy to keep helping.

    Reference:

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.