roaming desktop alert

2026-10-08T12:28:01.1733333+00:00

Screenshot 2026-10-08 081956

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Desktop
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Thomas4-N 22,395 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-11T07:22:21.6+00:00

    Hello Henderson, Toney - FPAC-NRCS, SC,

    I understand the error popup looks annoying. From the path in your screenshot, it looks like it comes from OnSolve Desktop Alert, which is a third-party app (emergency alerting software) rather than part of Windows. It's most likely installed by your organization, as Bulldog mentioned above.

    The message itself seems to mean the app couldn't save its own settings file (config.json) because something else had it locked at that moment. I can't say for sure what caused it, though, since this isn't something Microsoft documents or supports.

    I'd suggest:

    I'm sorry I can't fix this directly here, but your IT team or OnSolve should be able to. Hope it gets sorted soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Bulldog 4,865 Reputation points
    2026-10-08T16:13:42.5633333+00:00

    OnSolve is not part of Windows or included with Windows. OnSolve is software that sends out emergency messages on behalf of governments and corporations. If you have a question about OnSolve, I suggest contacting the organization that installed it on your computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.