Service Fabric: Cluster Management Operations Failing After Certificate Rotation — Stuck Node Types

David-1839 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T14:46:58.9133333+00:00

Problem description

I am experiencing issues with my Service Fabric Managed Cluster after performing a cluster certificate rotation. Specifically, node-type management operations such as scale, resize, create, and delete are failing, although the cluster itself remains healthy and continues to serve traffic.

Environment

Service Fabric Managed Cluster, multiple node types, region not specified in case information.

What I've already tried

I analyzed the issue as a certificate-rotation and configuration mismatch rather than a runtime outage. I reviewed the rotation date, the configured thumbprint list, and the node certificate coverage, noting that the stale thumbprint was still present on some nodes. I also reviewed the public Service Fabric certificate-management guidance to understand rotation behavior and thumbprint handling. No additional diagnostic outputs or support findings have been recorded yet.

Current status

The cluster remains operational and serving traffic, but node-type provisioning is blocked by a certificate mismatch. I am seeking guidance on how to reconcile the cluster certificate thumbprints and resolve the management operation failures.

Azure Service Fabric
Azure Service Fabric

An Azure service that is used to develop microservices and orchestrate containers on Windows and Linux.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.