Unable to access one drive

TBGG x 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T09:22:49.95+00:00

I have lost ALL my files on One drive - and cannot get any help to resolving it. Since Sunday, I have not been able to access the inbox - it said it has been locked and also recovery was locked. Suddeny this morning I was able to do recovery reset and once I logged, I tried to access my documents, and everything is inaccessible, it says this -

"You don't have permission to access this item"

View technical details

Correlation ID: [PII removed]

Date and Time: Mon, 05 Oct 2026 09:03:12 GMT

And when I tried online help, or calling - I am sent around in a loop with zero support!! I have been able to do any work today as I can access my files!! IS anyone able to help? thanks advance

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Other

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-H 28,235 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-07T10:03:23.4233333+00:00

    (Please note that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to hide your personal information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide any personal or organizational information the next time you post an error or other details to protect personal data.)

    Hi, TBGG x

    I’m sorry you’ve been unable to work and keep getting sent in circles. The permission message indicates an access problem, but it does not establish that your files have been deleted.

    Here are some suggestions you can try:

    First, sign out of OneDrive, then sign back in on the OneDrive website using the account that originally held your documents. Check the email address carefully, especially if you have both personal and work accounts.

    If everything remains inaccessible, focus on getting the access issue investigated rather than attempting file recovery again. For a personal account, open Contact Microsoft Support, enter “OneDrive permission denied after account recovery,” and select Get Help. Alternatively, open the OneDrive mobile app and gently shake your device to contact support. Provide your error screenshot, correlation ID, and timestamp privately.

    For a work or school account, contact your IT administrator and ask them to check your OneDrive access using the Check User Access diagnostic.

    Please be advised that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, are not allowed to directly interfere with Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited solely to providing technical guidance on reported incidents, requests, or ideas.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.