Additional meeting and call-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
Hi Michael,
I hope you've been well.
The Make a test call option is available in the Teams desktop application. You can normally find it by going to:
Settings and more (…) > Settings > Devices > Audio settings > Make a test call
If the option is unavailable, please check whether you are using Teams in a web browser, as the test call feature is currently not available in Teams for the web. In that case, please download or open the Teams desktop application and check the device settings again.
As an alternative, you can join or start a meeting and use the pre-join screen to confirm that the correct microphone, speaker, and camera are selected. You may also record a short test meeting and play it back to verify your audio quality.
If the option is still missing in the desktop application, let me know:
- Whether you are using Windows or macOS
- Are you using a Microsoft personal account (Outlook.com/Hotmail), or a work/school account provided by an organization (Microsoft 365/Exchange)?
- Whether you are using the desktop application or a web browser
Please feel free to share the information in the comment below. Once I have it, I'll be better positioned to guide you through the next steps.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Note: Follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable email notifications if you want to receive email notifications related to this topic.