"Print to PDF" function no longer works.

Doug Andrews 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T00:34:22.04+00:00

I am struggling to correct a problem that began unexpectedly two days ago. In Edge, using Windows 11, I usually use "Print to PDF" to save documents located on Edge that would help me for future reference. Now, suddenly, when I select "Print to PDF" and hit "Print," I can longer save documents. The screen simply returns to the page I am trying to save.

I have tried using MS "Troubleshooting" and other resources, but nothing has corrected the problem. I didn't change any settings to my knowledge. Please help.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Manoel Barros 22,055 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T01:18:04.6266667+00:00

    Hi!

    I saw this problem too. Maybe it's a temporary bug. but in current versions of Edge, there is an option called Save to PDF. It has the same function as Print to PDF. Try using it. On the print screen, click on Microsoft Print to PDF > In the list of printers, look for the Save to PDF option.

    If you don't see this option, make sure Edge is up to date. Click on the 3 Dots ●●● in the top corner > Settings > About Microsoft Edge > Wait for the browser to update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.

  2. Doug Andrews 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-30T00:48:56.7266667+00:00

    I tried these suggestions before posting my question. Using these steps, the "Print to PDF" problems persists. I am able to print documents in both Edge and Word, but the "Print to PDF" issue I described earlier remains unresolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. AI answer

    2026-09-30T00:34:35.9133333+00:00

    Try this in order:

    1. Check whether the issue is only in Edge.
      • Open Word or another app such as WordPad.
      • Try printing a simple document.
      • If printing fails there too, the problem is likely the printer driver, Windows, or connectivity rather than Edge.
    2. Test Edge with a different page or document.
      • Open a different website or online document.
      • Press Ctrl+P and select Microsoft Print to PDF.
      • If other pages print, the original page may be the problem.
      • For web pages, try opening the page in Immersive Reader and print again.
    3. Retry the Edge print job.
      • If the Print dialog is still open, select Cancel.
      • Press Ctrl+P again, choose the preferred settings, and select Print.
    4. Restart Edge and try again.
      • Close the current Edge window.
      • Open a new Edge session.
      • Go back to the page and try Ctrl+P again.
    5. Confirm the selected printer.
      • In the Print dialog, make sure Microsoft Print to PDF is selected.
      • If needed, reopen the Print dialog and select it again. Temporary printer connectivity issues can affect print preview and printing.
    6. Update the printer driver.
      • If printing works in other apps but not in Edge, update the latest printer driver from the printer manufacturer.
    7. Repair Microsoft Edge.
      • Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Installed apps.
      • Select Microsoft Edge > Modify > Repair.
      • Browser data and settings should not be affected.
    8. If the issue continues, send feedback from Edge.
      • In Edge, go to Settings and more > Help and feedback > Send feedback.
      • Include:
        • the error description
        • the website or document
        • the steps taken before it happened
        • the printer being used

    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.