How to Show Hidden Teams

Courtney Stewart 20 Reputation points
2026-09-29T16:12:22.48+00:00

I can't add hidden teams back to my main teams list. None of the previous chats provide a workable solution. There is no option to 'show' when I hit the three dots next to the hidden team I'd like to show. See the screenshot for the options I have.

User's image

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams and channels | Manage a team or channel

Answer accepted by question author
BabybooHN 3,380 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-29T16:43:36.59+00:00

Dear @Courtney Stewart

I understand the issue. Based on your screenshots, you are seeing the newer “See all your teams” experience, where the traditional “Hidden teams” section may no longer appear at the bottom of the main Teams list.

I would try this:

  1. Select See all your teams.
  2. Find the team that is currently hidden.
  3. Open the team itself rather than using the three-dot menu from the main list.
  4. If the team has hidden channels, select See all channels and choose Show for at least one channel.
  5. Return to the main Teams list and check whether the team appears again.

Microsoft’s current documentation confirms that See all your teams is used to access the full team list and that channels can be shown from there.

Please refer to this document: Show, hide, or favorite a channel in Microsoft Teams

However, Microsoft’s documentation still describes a Show option under Hidden teams, so the menu in your screenshot does not match the documented experience.  This suggests you may be encountering a difference/limitation in the newer Teams interface rather than missing a permission.

Please refer to this document: Use a screen reader to create and modify teams in Microsoft Teams

If the team is visible under See all your teams but there is genuinely no Show option anywhere, I would also try Teams on the web in an InPrivate/Incognito window and sign in again. If the same behavior occurs there, it is less likely to be a local Teams cache issue.

You could reply to the customer with the above, while specifically noting that their screenshot shows a UI that differs from Microsoft’s current documented “Hidden teams > Show” workflow.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.