Azure Database for MySQL flexible server: Regional provisioning issue in UK South — ProvisionNotSupportedForRegion error

D C 20 Reputation points
2026-09-28T15:10:12.6166667+00:00

Problem description

I am attempting to enable Accelerated Logs on an existing Azure Database for MySQL Flexible Server in the UK South region.

When enabling Accelerated Logs in the Azure portal, the operation fails with:

ProvisionNotSupportedForRegion

The error states that provisioning in the requested region is not supported and that the subscription may not have access to provision the requested configuration in that region.

Environment

  • Azure Database for MySQL Flexible Server
  • Region: UK South
  • Existing server
  • Service tier: General Purpose
  • Compute: Standard_D2ds_v4 (2 vCores)
  • Storage: 85 GB
  • High availability / redundancy: Locally redundant

The only configuration change being attempted is enabling Accelerated Logs.

What I've already tried

I confirmed that the Microsoft.DBforMySQL resource provider is registered for the subscription.

I also ran:

az mysql flexible-server list-skus --location uksouth -o table

This consistently returns:

(InternalServerError) An unexpected error occured while processing the request.
Code: InternalServerError

I have repeated the command several times and received the same error with different tracking IDs.

For comparison, running the same command against another region such as eastus succeeds and returns the available MySQL Flexible Server SKUs.

Current status

The issue continues to occur when enabling Accelerated Logs in UK South.

UK South is required for this workload, so moving the server to another region is not an appropriate workaround.

I am trying to determine whether:

  • Accelerated Logs is currently supported for this configuration in UK South.
  • There is a regional restriction or capacity issue affecting this operation.
  • The InternalServerError returned by list-skus for UK South is related to the same underlying issue.
Azure Database for MySQL

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.

    1 deleted comment

    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.