Urgent - I need a tech to call me back to resolve an issue with Microsoft Teams

bianca lee 0 Reputation points
2026-09-26T00:54:51.6866667+00:00

I was told a tech was going to call me tonight between 7:30 pm and 8:30pm EST and it's now 8:50pm and no call. I cannot reach a live agent on the phone (despite calling every day) and I've been waiting 5 days for what should be a VERY simple fix. I cannot access any of my Microsoft features, and I need Teams to operate my business. It keeps asking me for a verification code and I cannot get a code because it keeps asking me for one any time I go into authenticator app. It's a frustrating loop and I'm ready to cancel my service. PLEASE HELP! I cannot wait any longer or continue wasting time on this issue.

CASE NUMBER: [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Darren Bruce 1,830 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-26T02:01:30.12+00:00

    Dear bianca lee,

    Please understand that this forum is a public platform, and moderators will modify your question to cover your personal information in the description. Please notice to hide these personal or organization information next time you post error or some information to protect personal data. 

    I understand how frustrating this situation is, especially when you're unable to access Microsoft 365 services that are critical to running your business. Based on your description, it sounds like you're experiencing an MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) loop where Microsoft Authenticator is required to provide a verification code, but access to the Authenticator app itself also requires MFA verification.

    Unfortunately, community moderators and users on Microsoft Q&A do not have access to customer accounts, billing information, or authentication settings, so I cannot reset MFA or bypass verification requirements on your behalf.

    At this point, the most effective option is to continue working with the Microsoft Support agent assigned to your case.

    If you are the only Global Administrator and have completely lost access to all registered MFA methods, the account recovery process typically requires direct involvement from Microsoft's Data Protection and Account Recovery teams.

    If you have an active support case, reply to the latest case communication and clearly note that:

    • You have been locked out for 5 days.
    • You missed the scheduled callback.
    • The issue is preventing access to Teams and Microsoft 365 services required for business operations.
    • The verification methods are inaccessible due to an MFA loop.

    In the meantime, I recommend one more solution to submit support ticket is creating a temporary tenant account and submitting the support request from there. To create a new tenant, follow these steps:

    1. Visit Office 365 E3 - Enterprise Collaboration and Productivity | Microsoft    
    2. Select any plan and click Try for free.    
    3. Complete the setup to create a new tenant.    
    4. Ticket support: In the Microsoft 365 admin center>support>help & support. You can create a support ticket: https://admin.microsoft.com/#/support/requests     

    Important: Please remember to cancel the trial subscription once your issue is resolved to avoid any charges.

    I understand that this issue may take some time to resolve and could impact your workflow. However, the following solutions have been effective in resolving Microsoft Authenticator issues.

    If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes". If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".   

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.