Deleting a post in Teams/Channel

2026-09-23T09:26:17.1266667+00:00

When deleting a post in Teams/Channel/Post the message isn't disappearing, just says that it has been deleted.... super annoying, how can this be completely removed?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams and channels | Manage a team or channel
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ana Le 2,705 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-23T10:09:51.6233333+00:00

    Hi,

    I understand now that you’ve already deleted the channel post. What you want to remove is the remaining “This message has been deleted” entry. Microsoft’s current instructions for deleting a Teams message do not provide a further option for removing that entry. I couldn’t verify a supported step that would clear it from an individual post while keeping the channel.

    If this is affecting how your channel is used, you can request that option through the Microsoft Teams Feedback portal. If you submit feedback, please share the link here so I can follow it and upvote it as well. I can see how those leftover placeholders make it frustrating to keep your channel tidy. Looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Eriksson,Carina,SE-Helsingborg 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-23T09:28:58.5866667+00:00

    Well, it was an answer but not a solution of the problem. I want the deleted post to be totally removed, not showing as "this message has been deleted"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.