Edge Browser New Tab Does not funtion on iOS 26.3.1 iPhone 15 Pro

Craig Lund 5 Reputation points
2026-03-20T02:33:38.6066667+00:00

There is no way to create a new tab when I am using Edge on my iPhone. The functionality to create a new tab does not appear in the UI. I like Edge as a browser and would prefer to keep using it, but the frustration is mounting. I am starting to move all my favorites and saved collections to Safari - please fix this! Now.

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | iOS
0 comments No comments

Answer recommended by moderator
Craig Lund 5 Reputation points
2026-03-20T02:51:07.0566667+00:00

I just checked to see if there was a software update for Edge on my iPhone. According to
Apple there are no new updates. However when I selected the Edge app in the App Store, and navigate to the app, there is an update, which when updated resolved the issue. I was also have issues with the Outlook app, no updates appeared for Outlook but when I selected the Outlook app there was an update. Sure would be nice if Microsoft and Apple could address this issue!

Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Thomas4-N 22,380 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-03-20T10:59:26.4933333+00:00

    Hello Craig Lund,

    Thanks for updating the thread with what worked.

    The new tab button is a core part of the browsing experience on Edge for iOS, so it makes sense you needed this resolved quickly. iOS system updates and individual app updates are tracked separately — the App Store's automatic update notification doesn't always catch pending app updates in time, so going directly to the app's page can surface an available update that wouldn't otherwise appear. In this case, that Edge update contained the bug fix. The same logic applies to Outlook and other Microsoft apps, so it's a good general tip to keep in mind.

    I appreciate you sharing this. It will help other users on the forum who run into the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. AI answer

    2026-03-20T02:33:45.86+00:00

    On iOS, Microsoft Edge supports multiple tabs, but the context provided only documents how to customize the home page, news feed, search engine, and content blockers. It does not describe any known issue or setting that would remove or disable the New Tab control in the UI on iPhone or iOS 16/17/18.

    From the available information, the only directly relevant actions are general customization and startup behavior, which do not control tab creation on iOS. There is no documented toggle or policy in this context that would hide or disable the New Tab button on Edge for iOS, and no troubleshooting steps for a missing New Tab control are described.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.