A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Update: Solved. Finally.
I had to enable paswordless sign-in from the account options.
Good luck everyone.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I am using outlook and office products personally for 16 years, got a subscription and all.
I bought a new iPhone. Tried to add my outlook mail account to Mail app on iphone, didn't accept my password saying "Tried too many wrong passwords." But my OneDrive accepted the password. I also am logged in on my computer with the same password. I changed my password and tried again, still I am able to log into my account on my Windows OS computer, however, I can't log in my OneDrive on my MacBook and my mail app on my iPhone.
Opened a ticket for this and chatted with a person from Microsoft, they said I am blocked for 72 hours from logging in for trying a wrong password for too many times and suggested to wait that much time. I said okay.
72 hours passed, and I am still not able to add my mail on Mail app on my iPhone, nor am I able to log into my OneDrive or other office apps on my MacBook, giving the same error.
I am so frustrated because I have my work going on there and can't do anything about it. It's also so frustrating that customer support is ONLY available during work time for such a huge company. I appreciate your help.
I tried clearing the cache on Safari and tried. No avail.
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Update: Solved. Finally.
I had to enable paswordless sign-in from the account options.
Good luck everyone.
I tried to create a ticket on support page, opted in for a call option but it's been 2 days they didn't call. I'm really having a difficult time with this. I can't sign in on browser with my apple products either now. I have to get on my Windows OS to log in and get to support which I can't reach... Sigh. Any thoughts?
Update:
-Cleared cache, Keychain access, Library/Caches, Library/Group Containers - deleted all microsoft related files.
-Rebooted macbook to factory settings.
Still can't log in through Apps.
I am able to log in on Chrome in all devices, but not apps.
Apparently I got application-level sign-in block or something that could only be solved by the support.
Update:
-Installed Microsoft Licence Remover for Mac
-Logged out and quit all office related apps
-Cleared the cache
-Changed networks
-Keychain access: Removed all Microsoft related entries (except for 3 entries because it won't let me delete them, giving UNIX error)
Still can't access to my products on any of my apple products. This is really, really annoying.
Hello JC,
Thanks for the method. I deleted all my microsoft related passwords from my keychain and tried again, but no solution.
I get the same error from my iPad, iPhone and MacBook. Can't log in on any of these.
Interestingly, I downloaded Outlook app to my iPhone and it worked but didn't ask for password.
All my 365 Apps are logged out on all my devices, asking for me to log in again and give me this info. I took some screenshots.
Currently:
macOS:
Outlook: Can't log in, same error
OneDrive: Can't log in, same error
Office Apps: Can't log in, same error
iPhone:
Apple Mail Account addition: Can't log in, same error
Microsoft 365: Can't log in, same error
One Drive: Logged in (like WHY?)
iPad:
Apple Mail: Can't log in, same error
Microsoft 365: Can't log in, same error
Didn't try one Drive one this one.
WindowsOS:
Successfully logged in on all platforms.
My work is heavily affected by this. I feel so done with this non-sense but I don't want to change my provider.