PDF reader annotation and highlighter tool is not properly working

Anonymous
2024-02-11T15:45:37+00:00

when I open a pdf from anywhere into edge the highlighter and the annotation tool are not working like the annotations are not visible and moreover the saving is working like if i try to draw something the file is changed, and I am prompted to save it.

Microsoft Edge | Read PDFs | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

6 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-17T07:52:14+00:00

    Hello,

    We cannot reproduce the issue you have described on macOS.

    As I have mentioned above, this could be a bug in Edge. You need to submit the issue by opening the PDF file in question, select the "3 dots" icon in the top-right of the window, then select "Help and feedback"->"Send feedback".

    Thanks for your patience and understanding.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-16T11:29:02+00:00

    I am using MACOS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-16T08:01:18+00:00

    Hello,

    You can try re-installing Edge, and see whether the issue persists.

    To do so, please download the Edge installer first, then go to file explorer->This PC->C drive->Program files (x86)->Microsoft. Delete the "Edge" and "EdgeCore" folders. If you cannot delete the files, please skip. After deleting the folders, please run the Edge installer to reinstall Edge.

    If the issue persists after reinstalling, there may be a bug in the Edge browser.

    You may submit feedback in the Microsoft Edge browser to report the issue. Open the PDF file in the Microsoft Edge browser, then use the shortcut keys "Alt" + "Shift" + "I" to open the feedback window or select the 3 dots in the top right, select Help and feedback, then choose Send feedback (Note that the feedback window will capture the current screen and URL link and email address, and you can add Attachment and record your problem), enter your problem, and click "Send".

    Thanks for your patience and understanding.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T15:57:28+00:00

    Hello,

    I have not received the message from you yet. If there is anything more that I can do for you or if anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

    I have the annotations turned on and I am using edge for like over 3 years now. But the issue is new and there is now way getting around as I tried flags too but to no avail. please take a look.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T10:44:43+00:00

    Hello,

    I have not received the message from you yet. If there is anything more that I can do for you or if anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments