New tab button (+) replaced by blue icon new bing copilot mode - edge mobile ios

Anonymous
2023-10-14T12:10:19+00:00

New tab button (+) replaced by blue icon new bing copilot mode - edge mobile ios

I don’t know why this was done, but it has become very inconvenient, you have to do several steps to open a new page, now it turns out that you either use the copilot and suffer with creating new pages, or turn off the copilot.

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

4 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T14:59:02+00:00

    I am facing that issue on my iPad Pro 10.5 inc, on iPadOS 17.2. I cannot find anywhere the copilot icon-logo…I have no issues on my iPhone but on my iPad… just nothing… I would really appreciate if you help me here. Thank you in advance!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T07:04:32+00:00

    Hi M1ke Ross,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    I can understand your feelings.

    The rollout and introduction of new features doesn't always fit everyone's habits.

    In the early days when Bing AI was first integrated into Edge for Windows, many users raised questions about the location of the Bing AI icon in the sidebar.

    We were not part of the product development team, and at the time, this issue bothered us for a long time.

    After a lot of feedback from users submitting questions via Edge, Microsoft added editability to the Bing AI feature in the sidebar, making it similar to other sidebar apps.

    Your need is about the user experience, and without a doubt, it's worth submitting to the product team.

    The Answers community is primarily responsible for general guidance at the product enablement level, and we do not have the authority to dictate how developers present the product's features.

    Feedback from channels that are more oriented towards the product team may help developers become aware of the issue.

    In Microsoft Edge for Mobile, the feedback channel is located in the feature navigation/settings.

    We need passionate users like you, if it's convenient for you, please submit your comments and suggestions about your experience with the product through the feedback channel.

    Thanks for your patience and understanding!

    Best Regards,

    Kyo - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T05:51:39+00:00

    Thank you for your response

    The subject was not about “how to turn on and off the copilot service” but about how uncomfortable microsoft made it. Right now I turned off copilot. I hope they change the location of the copilot button and return the + button back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-15T14:41:48+00:00

    Hi M1ke Ross,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    I've edited the original post to make the scenario easier to understand.

    Thank you for your feedback on issues related to Bing Copilot Mode in Edge.

    Based on testing, I observed a similar situation in Edge Mobile on my personal Android device.

    In Microsoft Edge for Android, the option to turn off this mode is in "General".

    As shown below.

    Image

    Image

    Image

    In addition, this configuration item is not available for work accounts that are not linked to personal accounts.

    If this option is not available in Microsoft Edge for iOS, please add information to this thread and we will assist you in submitting feedback about the issue.

    Thanks for your patience and understanding!

    Best Regards,

    Kyo - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments