Using "Add Comment" makes the file size increases dramatically in the Edge.

Anonymous
2022-04-07T14:20:40+00:00

I'm using Edge to read PDF on Mac. I added some comments and the file size go up very quickly. It has changed from 300KB to 1GB. Opening and saving this file is very slow now. And just before, I saved the file and it crashed. All my new comments were lost. I want to know how to solve it that his size is so exaggerated.

Microsoft Edge | Read PDFs | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

6 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-11T01:31:46+00:00

    Hi Mato. I'm Greg, ten times MVP award winner, let's work together to get this fixed.

    Try these fixes to repair Edge on Mac, including to update Edge to latest which has important fixes for PDF commenting:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-e...

    https://www.guidingtech.com/top-ways-to-fix-mic...

    https://www.thegeeksclub.com/edge-macos-install...

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

    ______________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-09T01:44:58+00:00

    ok I don't know then. Maybe someone else will have a better answer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-08T06:47:38+00:00

    Thank you. The size of the PDF doesn't change. And it crashed again after clearing cache and others when saving the PDF. And I dare not edit again, I'm afraid of losing my note.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-08T06:02:36+00:00

    When the pdf's open with Edge yes ever.

    Tell me if the problem occurs againything is probably related

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-08T03:41:35+00:00

    Thank you for your help. I have tried. I don't know if this will solve the problem. And I'll keep watching. Do you mean that the browser cache or other something is injected into the PDF by Edge?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments